A Criminal Defense Attorney Works To Prove You Innocent
A criminal defense attorney uses a limited but powerful set of legal 'tools' to attempt to show that, whatever crime you're accused of, you either didn't do it or you did it for a good reason rather than a criminal one. At Schmidt's Arkansas criminal defense law firm, our criminal defense attorneys will search out potential avenues of defense in all of these areas, in order:
- Proving you were not the person who committed the crime.
- Proving that, while you committed the act in question, it was not in fact a crime due to some circumstance, including self-defense, good Samaritan acts, assisting an officer of the law, and so on.
- Proving that, while you committed the crime, you are not guilty due to some circumstance, including insanity, duress, preventing greater harm, and so on.
- Proving that, while you committed the crime, the circumstances of the event do not warrant the specific charge for which you are on trial.
- Aggressively advocating for the best plea deal when pleading to the charges is your best option.
What To Expect From Your Criminal Defense Attorney
When you hire a private criminal defense attorney, you should expect to get a much better lawyer than you would if you took the free option. From Schmidt Law Firm, you can expect an ethical yet aggressive defense, open communication about all of your options in every situation, and a focused strategy for getting you away from the charges in front of you.
This Arkansas Criminal Defense Law Firm Will Put In The Legwork
That may seem like a short list, but the avenues of attack for each of those items are several and complex. One of the things that the Schmidt Law Firm prides itself on is not passing up an opportune defense simply because it seems less likely or requires more legwork. When you come to us to protect you from criminal charges, a Schmidt Law Firm criminal defense attorney will consistently take every opportunity to advance your goals. We have a record of successful defenses in:
- Sexual Assault
- Domestic Battery
- White Collar Crimes
- And more
Call Schmidt Law Firm Today
Get in touch with a criminal defense attorney from Schmidt today. If you are uncertain about where you stand and feel like you need to chat with an Arkansas attorney, Schmidt offers free consultations -- but don't hesitate. The longer you wait, the less time our lawyers have to prepare your defense, so call 888-459-3077 immediately. Manslaughter, assault and battery, drugs, DWI -- regardless of what you're accused of, Schmidt will stand with you and fight for you to the end.